Darla Moore School of Business Senior Celebration Drop-In
Tuesday, April 20, 2021 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Palmetto Courtyard
- Open to graduating seniors and master's and Ph.D. students only
- Get a custom Class of 2021 t-shirt and alumni stickers, enjoy refreshments and take photos in the graduation photobooth
Darla Moore School of Business Master's Hooding Ceremony
Thursday, May 6, 2021 | 9 a.m. | Historic Horseshoe
- The 2021 May Hooding Ceremony is for all Darla Moore School of Business master’s programs. All students graduating in May 2021 or August 2021 are invited to participate in the hooding ceremony.
- Advance registration is required. Register online by Monday, April 26, at 5 p.m.
University Commencement: Darla Moore School of Business
Baccalaureate, Master’s and Professional
Friday, May 7, 2021 | 6 p.m. | Williams-Brice Stadium (rain or shine)
University Commencement: Darla Moore School of Business
Saturday, May 8, 2021 | 2 p.m. | Koger Center
Information for Undergraduates
- If you have questions about any additional graduation supplies, you should contact the bookstore directly at 803-777-4160.
Students can pick up their honor cords at the Moore School Welcome Center from April 9-19, between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Information for Master's Students
The 2021 May Hooding Ceremony is for all Darla Moore School of Business master’s programs, including Master of Accountancy, Master of Arts in Economics, Master of International Business, MBA, International MBA and Professional MBA. All students graduating in May or August 2021 are invited to participate.
Lloyd Emerson Johnson
Independent Board Member and Audit Committee Chair, Apogee Enterprises
The ceremony will last approximately one and a half hours.
All visitors must wear a facemask while on the UofSC campus. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided. Please note that the University of South Carolina and the City of Columbia has a public mask ordinance.
Limit of four guests per graduate. Guests must be registered in advance. Students are responsible for registering any guests when they register themselves. Graduates and guests will have socially distanced seating, which means that there will be empty seats on either side of you. Chairs cannot be moved.
Testing within 72 hours of ceremony strongly encouraged (unless positive COVID test or antibody test in past 90 days or completed vaccination series). Participants are also encouraged to test several days after commencement and related travel.
FREE parking is available in the Pendleton Street Garage on levels 1A, 1B and 2A. Please only part on designated levels. Guests who park in other levels will be ticketed.
The hooding ceremony will be livestreamed for those who are unable to attend in person. View the livecast.
- Graduates walking in the Moore School Hooding and the university ceremonies are required to wear the black graduate robe, the business school hood and the cap with tassel. Regalia orders can be placed online. If you have questions about any additional graduation supplies, you should contact the bookstore directly at 803-777-4160.
- Attire: Men should wear dark dress pants, a dress shirt and dark dress shoes. Women should wear a dress or dress pants with dress shoes.
- Students need to report directly to the Horseshoe in their regalia by 8:15 a.m. on Thursday, May 6. Students will be seated by program. Your name will appear on the chair on which you should sit.
- Please keep your mask on. The only time you can take your mask off is when you are instructed to do so for your photo.
- Tassels should be worn on the left quarter of your cap.
- Each graduate will receive an index card with their nameon it that will be taped to
- Please make sure to pick up your card and hold onto it. (You will give it to the reader to call your name at the ceremony).
- If your name is incorrect on your card, we will have blank cards available for you to write your name correctly.
- If your name is difficult to pronounce, you should either rewrite your name on the card phonetically or whisper your name to the reader as you approach.
- Deans and faculty will sit on the stage.
- At the appropriate time during the ceremony, the class will be asked to rise and Dean Brews will ask you to hood yourself.
- Participants from the first row will be called forward. Remaining participants should remain seated until directed by one of the staff members assisting with the ceremony. The person at the end of the row will stand and everyone else follows to the stage.
- As you approach the stage, present your card to the program reader for your name to be announced. Walk to the middle of the stage, take off your mask and smile to have your photo taken. Replace your mask before you walk off the stage. Please do not shake hands with the dean and your academic coordinator before leaving the stage.
- If your cap is knocked off during the ceremony, maintain your composure and wait to place it back on your head until after you have returned to your seat.
- At the end of the ceremony, music will begin for the recession. Please leave adequate space between you and your classmate as you leave the seating area. Please follow the faculty onto the sidewalk to allow students to meet their family members.
- During the hooding ceremony, photos will be taken by a university photographer. You will receive a link with access to all of the photos taken during the ceremony within one week of the event.
- Diplomas will be mailed to your permanent address approximately 90 days after graduation. Be sure to check your permanent address in my.sc.edu to ensure it is accurate.