Leading Thinking. Leading Action. Leading HR.
We are now accepting applications for a Fall 2020 start.
Established in 1983, the Master of Human Resources program at the Darla Moore School of Business has become a leader in human resources excellence.
The strong education and practical experience you will receive in the Master of Human Resources program at the Moore School will prepare you for the exciting challenges you will face as an HR professional. You will be thoroughly trained in the traditional and essential functions of recruiting, selecting, designing assessing compensation plans, achieving compliance with government regulations, coordinating benefits packages and managing labor issues. In addition, you will learn how HR professionals serve as strategic business partners to manage the enormous change in today’s workplace.
The MHR Advantage:
- An emphasis on the strategic role of HR
- A business-focused educational experience with small class sizes
- Dedicated, world-class faculty with academic and professional success
- Provided professional internship for 100 percent of students
- High placement rates with median salary of $81,500
- Strong partnerships with Fortune 500 companies, including the Riegel & Emory Advisory Board
- A rigorous curriculum with a “generalist”-oriented program of study
- Merit-based scholarships and in-state tuition rates available for qualified students
- National SHRM accreditation
In today's environment of rapid technological change, national and international competition, and increased government regulation, the human resource function has become vital to the success of the firm. HR professionals must work as strategic partners with general management in order to manage change and help the employer achieve organizational effectiveness.
The HR manager helps the company achieve its objectives through activities such as:
- Moving firms to team-based structures
- Managing re-engineering efforts
- Restructuring departments or entire organizations
- Providing development opportunities for employees
All of these activities can lead to a better-trained and loyal work force. The strong educational and practical experience you will receive in the Master of Human Resources program will prepare you for the exciting challenges you will face as an HR professional.
The MHR program gave me the confidence to speak up in executive team meetings from day one by providing the academic foundation that allowed for an easy transition into the work environment.
— Valerie Lawrence, ’17
There are currently no events to display.View the Calendar