If you're applying to our master's program, start by gathering your materials and information. Applications are processed by the university's Graduate School.
To apply, you'll need:
- Your official score from the GRE.
- Three letters of recommendation, including at least one from an academic source.
- Your official academic transcript.
- Your résumé.
- Your Statement of Objectives, which explains why you are applying.
Applicants must be competent in statistical reasoning. If you haven't completed a course in descriptive or inferential statistics, we offer one in the summer as part of our Camp Carolina.
Once you've completed your application, submit your forms and documentation to the Graduate School, along with your application fee. Your application won't be reviewed until everything is received. It's best to arrange for document transfers and transcripts well in advance of the application deadline.
Your application will be reviewed by the school's Admissions Committee, which will then make a recommendation to the Graduate School. You will be notified by the Graduate School about the status of your application.
Students who are admitted usually have:
- At least a 3.0 grade point average
- A combined GRE score of 300 (153 verbal and 147 quantitative)* and a 4.0 analytical
*These scores are the minimum of what we typically accept, but some other applicants may be admitted with additional qualifications.
- If you're an international student, you will need to take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of at least 90 or score a 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). International students with a degree from an English-speaking institution are exempt from this requirement.
Typical students exceed these marks, but exceptions are made for those who are unusually promising in other ways, such as overcoming formidable odds or years of solid professional experience.
Got questions? We have the Answers
Can't find what you need to know? Complete this online form and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.