2020 Spring conference
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the SCSPA spring conference has been canceled. You can view our virtual awards ceremony on our YouTube channel. Certificates and plaques will be mailed and critiques will be emailed to advisers.
2019 Fall conference awards
View the literary magazine and yearbook individual and program award winners online. Also, download the conference program (pdf) to see all the great sessions offered at this year's conference.
Spring conference awards
Find the 2019 individual and program ratings for broadcast, newsprint and online media programs online now. Awards were presented at April 1 at the spring conference. Other awards include the Reid H. Montgomery Adviser of the Year, Journalist of the Year, SCSPA Scholarship and Albert T. Scroggins Awards.
Fall conference awards
Check out the fall conference awards online now. View all the individual awards and program ratings for literary magazine and yearbook programs.
CJI 2018 team projects
Check out the projects from the 2018 CJI teams. Each team produced multimedia packages about different topics, ranging from local coffee shops to the SC State Museum to WREN: Women's Rights and Empowerment Network.
Mark your calendar for CJI 2019 June 12-15.
- 2018 Fall ESNA and online individual competition awards
- 2018 Fall Conference Awards – literary magazine/yearbook
- 2018 Spring Conference Awards – broadcast/newspaper/online
- 2017 Fall ESNA and online individual competition awards
- 2017 Fall Conference Awards – literary magazine/yearbook
- 2017 Spring Conference Awards – broadcast/newspaper/online
- 2016 Fall ESNA and online individual competition awards
- 2016 Fall Conference Awards – literary magazine/yearbook
- 2016 Spring Conference Awards – broadcast/newspaper/online
- 2015 Fall ESNA and online individual competition awards
- 2015 Fall Conference Awards – literary magazine/yearbook
SCSPA holds two conferences a year - one in the fall, October 10, 2019, and one in the spring, April 6, 2020.
Instructors include both local and nationally recognized advisers and professionals. Sessions range from basic to advanced to trends.
Magazine and yearbook evaluation and individual awards, as well as the Bruce E. Konkle Rising Star Award, are presented in the fall. Newspaper, online and broadcast evaluation and individual awards, as well as the Journalist of the Year, the SCSPA and Yearbook scholarships, the Reid H. Montgomery Adviser of the Year and the Scroggins Award are presented during the spring conference.
Carolina Journalism Institute
2020 CJI Fees
Dates: June 10-13
On-campus lodging: $125 (two-person room)
Commuter: $25 parking fee or $0 (not parking on campus)
Let our national award-winning faculty prepare you for the your school year. You will leave the Carolina Journalism Institute with an online project and multimedia skills ready to implement next fall.
Each June, SIPA hosts the Carolina Journalism Institute for high school journalism students and advisers at the University of South Carolina in Columbia. Sessions and activities are held in the new state-of-the-art facilities of the School of Journalism and Mass Communications.
See you in June!