- Degree Requirements: 125 hours
- Major Requirements: 67 hours
- All course descriptions can be found in the Academic Bulletin.
- ACCT 401 — Financial Accounting I
- ACCT 402 — Cost/Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 403 — Tax I
- ACCT 404 — Accounting Information Systems I
- ACCT 405 — Financial Accounting II
- ACCT 406 — Auditing I
- Two ACCT 500-level courses selected by the student from approved electives.
This analytics concentration can only be taken in conjunction with a major. Get more information on the Business Analytics Undergraduate Concentration.
Required Courses (6 hours)
- ACCT 404: Accounting Information Systems I
- MGSC 394: Data Analytics for Business
Elective Courses (6 hours)
Choose two of the courses listed below:
- ECON 436: Introductory Econometrics
- FINA 444: Corporate Risk Management
- FINA 464: Financial Innovation
- FINA 469: Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- FINA 472: Student-Managed Investments
- IBUS 430: Research in International Business
- MGMT 425: HR Analytics
- MGSC 390: Business Information Systems
- MGSC 391: Applied Statistical Modeling
- MGSC 486: Service Operations Management
- MKTG 352: Principles of Marketing Research
- MKTG 447: Pricing Strategy and Analytics
- MKTG 448: Data Science for Business
All majors are required to take Carolina Core classes to develop problem-solving skills and explore world cultures, history, languages and art. Business students also complete the Business Core Curriculum, which covers the basics for success in advanced business courses. Courses common to all programs include business communications, statistics, international business, accounting, economics, computer applications and business law.
1. CMW: Carolina Core Effective, Engaged and Persuasive Communication: Writing (6 hours)
Must be passed with a grade of "C" or higher.
ARP: Carolina Core Analytical Reasoning and Problem-Solving (6-7 hours)
Must be passed with a grade of "C" or higher.
- MATH 122 — Calculus for Business Administration and Social Sciences or MATH 141
- STAT 206 — Elementary Statistics for Business
SCI: Carolina Core Scientific Literacy (7 hours)
- Two approved Carolina Core Scientific Literacy courses including one laboratory course
Students shall demonstrate in one Foreign Language the ability to comprehend the topic and the main ideas in written and, with the exception of Latin and Ancient Greek, spoken texts on familiar subjects. This ability can be demonstrated by achieving a score of two or better on a USC foreign language test. Those failing to do so must satisfactorily complete equivalent study of foreign language at USC. CC-GFL courses
GHS: Global Citizenship and Multicultural Understanding: Historical Thinking CC-GHS courses
GSS: Carolina Core Global Citizenship and Multicultural Understanding: Social Sciences (3 hours)AIU: Carolina Core Aesthetic and Interpretive Understanding (3 hours) CC-GSS courses
AIU: Aesthetic and Interpretive Understanding (0-33 hours) CC-AIU courses
CMS: Effective, Engaged, and Persuasive Communication: Spoken Component* (0-3 hours) CC-CMS courses
INF: Information Literacy* (0-3 hours) CC-INF courses
VSR: Values, Ethics and Social Responsibility* (0-3 hours)
*Course can be Stand Alone or Overlay — Overlay-approved courses offer students the option of meeting two Carolina Core components in a single course. A maximum of two overlays is allowed. The total Carolina Core credit hours must add up to a minimum of 31 hours. Some programs may have a higher number of minimum Carolina Core hours due to specified requirements.
- ACCT 225 — Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 226 — Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 324 — Survey of Commercial Law
- BADM 301 — Business Careers in the Global Economy
- ECON 221 — Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 222 — Principles of Macroeconomics
- FINA 363 — Introduction to Finance
- MGMT 250 — Professional Communication
- MGMT 371 — Principles of Management
- MGMT 478 — Strategic Management
- MGSC 290 — Computer Information Systems in Business
- MGSC 291 — Applied Statistics for Business
- MGSC 395 — Operations Management
- MKTG 350 — Principles of Marketing
The program requires 9 hours of course work with international content that may be
completed through other degree requirements. Three hours must be taken from an approved
list of courses offered by the Moore School of Business which contain international
business or international economics content. The following course options can also
be used to satisfy the 3 credit hours of this requirement: approved course work containing
international business or international economics content, taken at a semester abroad
program; an approved Maymester or summer overseas course containing international
business or international economics content; an approved internship course in international
business wherein a student would obtain discipline-related work experience in a foreign
country; or an approved service-learning component.
Students may choose from one of the following options to complete the remaining 6-hour requirement:
Two language courses at the 200 level or above
Two approved courses with international content taken either inside or outside the Moore School from a list available in the undergraduate office.
Minors (non-business) may be selected from a University-wide list of approved minors. The minor is normally a minimum of 18 hours of prescribed courses in one subject area. Minors are recognized on the transcript.
Cognates which consist of 4 related courses in a specific field. The cognate is intended to support the course work in the major. The cognate must consist of twelve (12) hours of courses at the advanced level, outside of but related to the major. Cognates do not earn an additional designation on the transcript.