Clyde "Bennett" Gore, Jr.
|Title:||Director, Veterans Legal Clinic
|School of Law|
1525 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29208
|Office Hours:||Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm|
In addition to his position as the director of the Veterans Legal Clinic at the University of South Carolina School of Law, Bennett Gore currently serves in the South Carolina Army National Guard with the 59th Troop Command. He joined the South Carolina Army National Guard after leaving active duty in the United States Army.
Prior to joining the School of Law, Gore represented Veterans in private practice from August 2014 until February 2018. Previously, he served on active duty at multiple locations and in multiple positions. His assignments included:
- Trial Defense Counsel at Fort Polk, Louisiana, from August 2013 to August 2014
- Senior Trial Counsel at Fort Stewart, Georgia, for Third Infantry Division from July 2012 to August 2013
- Senior Defense Counsel at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, from July 2011 to July 2012
- Senior Defense Counsel at Camp Victory (Baghdad), Iraq, from July 2010 to July 2011
- Defense Counsel at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, from June 2009 to July 2010
- Deputy Staff Judge Advocate at White Sands Missile Range from January 2008 to June 2009
- Trial Counsel and Civil and Administrative Law Attorney at Fort Bliss, Texas, from April 2006 to January 2008
His military education includes the Judge Advocate Officer Basic Course, the Judge Advocate Officer Advanced Course, and numerous Army and Department of Defense courses on criminal law, trial advocacy, and civil and administrative law.
Gore earned his B.A. in Government from Wofford College (May 2002), his Juris Doctorate from the University of South Carolina School of Law (May 2005), and his M.B.A. from the Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina (May 2017).