Judicial Scholars is a full-time 29 hours/week, 9 week, paid summer judicial internship program open to first-year law students. Judicial Scholars will work within the South Carolina Judiciary alongside current law clerks and learning from South Carolina justices and judges.
- 3 weeks at South Carolina Supreme Court
- 3 weeks at South Carolina Court of Appeals
- 3 weeks at South Carolina Circuit Court (specific dates dependent on the upcoming terms of court)
- Resume (without GPA or class rank)
- Personal Statement (one page expressing how you identify with a community that is underrepresented in the legal profession and how that has shaped or influenced your goals)
- Applications will be collected by Career & Professional Development and reviewed by a committee of Law School faculty.
- Applications must be submitted through the Symplicity job posting, which will be posted in the winter and due in February. No late entries will be accepted.