Candle Wester, Assistant Director for Faculty Services, 803-777-7229
As the Assistant Director for Faculty Services, I will work with you and your research assistants to help locate information and identify relevant resources for your scholarship and teaching. I provide the following services:
- Research support
- Research assistant training
- Faculty Services Research Assistants (for short term projects)
- Setting up current awareness services alerts
- Courseware assistance — TWEN, WebCourse, and Blackboard
- In-class customized research instruction for substantive courses
Detailed information is available in the Faculty Services Brochure [pdf].
Faculty may place materials such as books, articles, or videos on reserve in the Law Library. Reserve materials may come from the Law Library collection or from the faculty member’s personal collection. Faculty may also wish to place sample exams on reserve for student reference. To place materials on reserve, contact the Circulation desk [803-777-5942]. If the Law Library does not have an item that you would like placed on reserve, you may contact Cornelius Pereira [803-777-5898] to request that it be purchased.
Law faculty may borrow books from the Law Library for the academic year. University faculty may borrow single volume monographs for six weeks.
Material Retrieval & Delivery
To request delivery of materials from the Law Library to your mailbox, contact the Circulation desk [803-777-5942] or Candle Wester [803-777-7229].
Book delivery from Thomas Cooper Library
To have books delivered to your mailbox from the Thomas Cooper Library Book Delivery Service, please request them through the catalog or contact the Circulation desk [803-777-5942] or Candle Wester [803-777-7229].
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Material that is unavailable from any of the University Libraries may be borrowed from other libraries. Forms for requesting Interlibrary Loans are available at the Circulation desk or online, or you may contact Andy Kretschmar [803-777-3367].
Requests to Purchase Materials
Recent Acquisitions List Archive
These are the law library’s recent acquisitions of books and e-books; journals; microform/fiche materials; and serials.
The Law Library is accepting appointments from UofSC Columbia affiliates who wish to access the library's collections. Appointments will be accepted for use of specific materials and are limited to three consecutive hours between 9AM and 5PM.
By making an appointment, you agree to follow all UofSC and School of Law policies, including the wearing of a face covering and social distancing while in the Law School building. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, appointment availability is subject to change and the Law Library reserves the right to revise this appointment process.
Reserving an appointment:
- Please reserve a date and time on the Law Library appointment page. Please use your UofSC email address to sign up for your appointment. As part of the reservation process, you will be asked to provide information regarding the materials that you would like to view during your appointment.
- Please complete a health screening form and review the School of Law Visitor Policy. To enter the Law Library you must complete a health screening form, print it, and bring it with you to your appointment.
During your appointment:
When you arrive at the Law School, please contact the library's Circulation desk [803-777-5942] or Reference desk [803-777-5902] and a librarian will assist with your entry into to the building. Please remain on the first floor of the library during your appointment; materials from upper floors or the library basement will be retrieved for you by library personnel. When your appointment ends, please depart the Law School building after exiting the library.