At the University of South Carolina, we are a community of faculty, professionals, students, and alumni.
The University of South Carolina School of Law prepares lawyer-leaders to serve their communities through rigorous legal studies, exceptional experiential training, and comprehensive professional identity formation within an inclusive and diverse environment. We serve justice and advance the law through engaged learning, teaching, scholarship, and service.
To be an innovative, student-centered public law school that advances knowledge and the common good, with a local impact, a national voice, and a global reach.
- Service. Serving justice, the legal profession, the people of South Carolina, the nation, and the world.
- Success. Placing students and their success in the center of all that we do, while promoting excellence and opportunity.
- Passion. Fostering a scholarly community that promotes passion for the pursuit of knowledge, the exchange of impactful ideas, innovative research, and transformative teaching.
- Integrity. Modeling and instilling integrity and professional values.
- Community. Cultivating – through our words and actions – a diverse, inclusive, and civil community where everyone is valued and supported.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
South Carolina Law strives to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all
students, staff, and faculty.
Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
View the outline for the University of South Carolina School of Law's Strategic Plan Priorities [PDF].