Health Care Compliance Certificate
This post-bachelor’s certificate is for health care professionals and students who want to learn how to identify legal risks inherent to the field as well as health care systems and applicable laws and regulations in America.
Taught by accomplished health care professionals and attorneys, this 18-hour certificate is 100% online, on-demand, and has no GRE or LSAT requirement. This certificate is ideal for:
- Attorneys and paralegals
- Hospital and public health administrators
- Health care compliance officers
- Health insurance compliance officers
- Physician assistants (PA)
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Athletic trainers
- Students interested in careers in the health care field
Students will take 18 hours of required coursework.
Required Courses (18 hours)
|LAWH 700||Introduction to the Legal System*||3|
|LAWH 701||Legal Foundatoins of Health Care Systems||3|
|LAWH 738||HIPAA and Electronic Medical Records||3|
|LAWH 716||Medicare Compliance for Medical Facilities||3|
|LAWH 736||Billing Compliance and Fraud Prevention||3|
|LAWH 722||Risk Management||3|
*This requirement may be waived if a student has a J.D. degree or equivalent prior legal experience; in substitution, the student will be required to take both LAWH 710 and LAWH737.
All master’s candidates must complete a comprehensive assessment to demonstrate knowledge acquired in coursework and apply it practically. The completion of LAWH 755 Directed Independent Study, which requires completion of a paper or equivalent project, will satisfy this requirement. Projects must reflect significant work addressing a hypothetical or real-world issue involving legal compliance or health law or policy.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Undergraduate degree performance
- GRE or LSAT scores (optional)
- Statement of interest in the program
- Two recommendations from professional or academic references
Master of Studies in Law (MSL) in Health Systems Law
Ready for a health care related master’s degree? Check out our Master of Studies in Law in health systems law degree program.