College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Colleges and Schools
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Faculty and Staff
- Christina Sayers, M.S.
Faculty and Staff
Christina Sayers, M.S.
|Title:||Director of International Affairs
|College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management|
|LinkedIn:||My LinkedIn profile|
|Resources:||International student internship program|
M.S., International Relations & Global Studies, Northeastern University, Boston, Mass.,
B.A., International & Cultural Studies, The University of Tampa, Tampa, Fla., 2013
Christina Sayers is the director of international affairs in the College of Hospitality, Retail, and Sport Management at the University of South Carolina. Sayers oversees international students within the college, advises domestic students on study and intern abroad options, and assists in building study away programs with faculty. She specializes in international contract and partnership development, overseeing negotiations and renewals. Sayers additionally provides virtual global learning experiences to students and is GLE certified. Furthermore, Sayers practices global outreach by recruiting new students, hosting foreign delegations, and serving as the club advisor for the HRSM Global Community Club.
Additionally, Sayers is responsible for the development and implementation of the International Non-Degree Training Program (INDTP), which allows international students to spend a semester abroad at USC, followed by a paid internship. Sayers facilitates the immigration process and ensures the program adheres to all federal, state and university regulations. Sayers also oversees the matriculation process and places international students in internships that match their interests.
Sayers has more than 15 years of international relations experience and has lived and worked in several countries including Germany, Austria, Italy, Japan, Costa Rica, and the Galapagos Islands. She is passionate about the internationalization of USC and enjoys learning about the world not only by traveling, but by getting to know the vibrant students at USC.
Prior to working for USC, Sayers worked as a study abroad advisor for IES Abroad in Vienna, Austria. Beforehand, Sayers spent six years working in retail management for Lilly Pulitzer.
- UNIV 101 – The Student in the University
- UNIV 401 – GLD Experience Personal and Professional Growth
- HRSM 495 – Internship
- RETL 592 / HRTM 590 – Luxury Management in Italy: The Virtual Travel Experience
- B1 German Certification, University of Vienna, Austria, 2019
- A2 German Certification, University of Vienna, Austria, 2018
Student group leadership
- HRSM Global Community Club Advisor
Honors and awards
- Sustainability Consultantship, Northeastern University. Consulted for Barilla Pasta, La Marzocco, and Buccelletti Wine Resort in Tuscany, Italy (2016)
- Scholarships recipient:
- International Studies Association. Defended undergraduate thesis at the ISA-South Conference (2013)
- Congress-Bundestag CBYX: Received a scholarship to spend one year abroad in Germany. Interned at the German Congress to promote parliamentary relations between Germany and the USA. Developed a competency in German (2008-2009)
- Michigan State University & Tokyo University of Agriculture: Received a scholarship to conduct comparative freshwater research and gather sustainability data (2007)
- Retailing Awards:
- 100 Million-Dollar Award for significant contributions to overall company sales, Lilly Pulitzer (2013)
- Outstanding Sales Award for highest single sale in corporate history, Lilly Pulitzer (2010)
- NAFSA Visa Advising for Education Abroad, 2022
- USC Green Zone Training Certificate, 2021
- USC Safe Zone Ally Training Certificate, 2021
- NAFSA F-1 Visa Certification, 2021
- USC CTE Global Learning Experience Certificate, 2020
- Carolina Intercultural Training Certificate, 2019
- LEAD Certificate, University of South Carolina, 2019
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- International Studies Association