The historic McCutchen House is open to the public for lunch during the University of South Carolina regular fall and spring semesters, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m, Tuesday through Friday.*
*Due to students' academic requirements, lunch concludes by 2 p.m.
Lunches are $13.95 + tax per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, and dessert included). McCutchen House is cashless. Please pay by credit, debit, check, Carolina Cash, IIT or direct billing.
Fall 2023 Lunch Menu (Oct. 24 – Dec. 1)
Note: We will be closed Nov. 9 for a special event and Nov. 21-24 for Thanksgiving break. The last day of operation for the fall semester is Dec. 1.
- Our famous tomato pie
Choice of Soup or Salad
- McCutchen House Salad: Mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, sliced purple onion rings, smoked Gouda cheese, and toasted slivered almonds. Choice of our scratch-made house, ranch, blue cheese, and balsamic dressings.
- Soup of the Day: Prepared daily. Ask your server for the day's selection.
Entrées (choice of one)
- Triple Decker Club: Stacked high with smoked turkey, ham and bacon with leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, sharp cheddar cheese and mayo on toasted sourdough. Served as a whole sandwich with fries or as a soup and half sandwich.
- Baby Back Ribs: Slow smoked four-bone portion of baby back ribs in mustard-based BBQ sauce with seasoned fries and vegetable of the day.
- Roasted Pollock Almondine: Delicate, flaky Pollock seasoned, roasted, and topped with a warm pepper-almond chutney. Served atop a couscous-quinoa blend with vegetable of the day.
- London Broil: Marinated flank steak roasted whole and sliced to order. Drizzled with a rich demi-glace and served with sour cream and chive mashed potatoes and vegetable of the day.
- Vegetarian Lasagna: Layers of pasta, veggies, and cheese, topped with marinara on one half, alfredo on the other and served with garlic bread.
- McCutchen House signature chocolate walnut pie
- Other desserts vary regularly
- Freshly brewed sweet and unsweet tea
- Joffrey Premium Coffee®
- Coke®, Diet Coke®, Sprite®, lemonade
For our valued customers, please note:
- Reservations are recommended but not required.
- Groups: McCutchen House is able to accommodate groups up to 20 with an advance reservation.
- McCutchen House servers aren’t able to accept tips, but if you would like to support our students, please visit our HRSM giving page.
Did You Know?
McCutchen House is an applied learning restaurant management laboratory for students studying in the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management. In addition to enjoying great food, guests have the opportunity to help students advance their knowledge and skills by providing valuable feedback on the hospitality and service.