The interdisciplinary studies in services management major offered by USC's College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management is designed for non-traditional students who have a variety of academic and work experience and are ready to earn their bachelor’s degree. The dynamic design of the degree program enables students to select courses tailored to their interest and graduation timeline.
- Earn a bachelor’s degree from a world-renowned school
- Maximize prior college credits
- Flexible course delivery options accommodate your schedule and learning style
- Take courses on campus and online
- Specialize in:
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Retail Management and Fashion Merchandising
- Sport and Entertainment Management
In 1996 Michelle Knight accepted a job at the Carolina Coliseum, a moment that would shape her academic and career future.
After recovering from a baseball injury, Chandler Engel forged a new path to success.
As a military veteran, husband and father, Reggie Regester’s walk across the graduation stage is all the more satisfying.
Students must apply for undergraduate admission to the University of South Carolina and select the HRSM interdisciplinary studies in services management degree as their major.
Interdisciplinary studies in services management is designed for non-traditional students and has the following program-specific eligibility requirements:
- Prior to admission into the program, students must have earned at least 60 college credit hours or be 25 years of age or older.
- The minimum GPA is 2.0.
- Students will need to complete a minimum of 30 credit hours in the program.
- Students must share clear academic goals and make a personal proposal for how they will meet those goals through their coursework. Please keep in mind that the College of HRSM interdisciplinary studies in services management degree specializes in the fields of hospitality, tourism, retail, and sport and entertainment management, so experience or interest in those fields is important.
Students will work with an interdisciplinary studies in services management advisor to design an individualized program of study. This curriculum is comprised of a minimum total of 120 hours, including:
- Carolina Core Hours (31-46 Hours)
- Interdisciplinary Major Hours (36 Hours)
- Free Electives (38-53 Hours)
Transferring Prior College Credits
Interdisciplinary studies in services management advisors will work with students to maximize college credits that can be transferred towards the degree requirements. Regardless of how many college credit hours are able to be transferred, students must complete at least 30 hours of 300-level USC coursework as an interdisciplinary studies in services management student in order to earn the degree.
For more details about the degree requirements and curriculum for the Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies in Services Management through the College of HRSM, please visit the academic bulletin.
Get in Touch