The work of the committee includes, but is not limited to:
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of a strategic action plan for diversity in the College to be coordinated with the Administrative Council, and revising the plan annually
- Working cooperatively on diversity-related issues brought to the committee by department chairs, the deans, and other standing committees or the College of Education Alliance for Social Justice and Diversity
- Recommending professional development activities to the Dean
- Convening voluntary sub-groups around strategic goals involving both members and non-members of the standing committee
The committee is comprised of seven people: two elected from the Educational Studies,
Educational Leadership, and Instruction and Teacher Education departments, and one
from the Physical Education department for two year terms, and the dean, or dean’s
designee, as ex-officio member.
The staff subcommittee includes one faculty member of the diversity committee, and at least three staff members, including at least one from the general college staff, by an open solicitation, for terms of two years.
The student subcommittee includes one faculty member of the diversity committee, and at least three graduate students, with up to one from each department by an open solicitation, and two undergraduate students, selected by faculty nomination.
All full-time faculty members may nominate themselves to serve on the committee.
Ex-officio: College of Education Dean or Dean's Designee
Committee terms: two years
|Allison Anders*||Department of Educational Studiesemail@example.com||2021|
|Kate Ascetta||Department of Educational Leadership and Policies - Educational Administrationfirstname.lastname@example.org||2021|
|Michelle Bryan**||Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion||MBRYAN@mailbox.sc.edu||N/A|
|Elif Calamak||Department of Instruction and Teacher Educationemail@example.com||2021|
|Katie Cunningham||Department of Educational Leadership and Policiesfirstname.lastname@example.org||2021|
|Priscila Costa||Student Representative||2021|
|An DeMeester||Department of Physical Education||JNHALE@mailbox.sc.edu||2021|
|Jen Doyle||Alumni Representative||2021|
|Frank Gause||Student Representative||2021|
|David Martinez*||Department of Educational Leadership and Policiesemail@example.com||2021|
|Meir Muller||Department of Instruction and Teacher Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org||2021|
|Angela Wright||Department of Instruction and Teacher Education - Administrative Assistant||WRIGHTAY@mailbox.sc.edu||2021|
* Indicates co-chair of the committee
** Indicates ex-officio member
For minutes not listed below, please consult the archive [pdf] of past meeting minutes.
2017 minutes will be available as they are archived.