If you are interested in the Federal TEACH Grant and want to know if you qualify to apply, contact Gamecock EdQuarters at 803-777-6732 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Because the updated list of qualified programs is typically available from the U.S. Department of Education near the beginning of a semester, it is necessary that we keep a waiting list of all students interested in the TEACH Grant. Students on the waiting list will be notified after Financial Aid has received the qualified programs list.
The TEACH Grant requires you to teach in the U.S. in both a critical need subject and critical need geographic area. The critical list for the TEACH Grant is different from the list for the South Carolina Teachers / Career Changers Loan. While the critical needs list for the TEACH Grant can vary year-to-year, the following subject areas were eligible for the previous year:
- Middle Level English
- Middle Level Science
- Middle Level Social Studies
- Middle Level Mathematics
- Secondary Science
- Secondary Mathematics
- Foreign Language
Applying for the Federal TEACH grant is very simple.
- First, contact Gamecock EdQuarters to indicate your interest in the TEACH Grant program.
- The next step is to complete the online counseling portion of the Federal Student Aid Office’s website regarding the TEACH Grant.
- After you have completed this online counseling with specifics about the program, we will send you a certification form to indicate your interest. You only need to complete the first box on first page of the form, sign the second page and return the form to Gamecock EdQuarters.
- We will complete the process and send the form to Financial Aid for processing.