The Center for Educational Partnerships at the University of South Carolina’s College of Education is a consortium of five core education programs and initiatives. Together with additional affiliate organizations, we carry on our mission to encourage, facilitate and participate in partnerships that support and sustain quality K-12 education in South Carolina. The Center for Educational Partnerships was created pursuant to a proviso to the SC General Appropriations Bill of 2013-2014 (H.3710, Proviso 1A.52).
The five core founding partners are:
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- South Carolina Geographic Alliance
- South Carolina Educational Policy Center
- The SC Middle Grades Initiative
- The Writing Improvement Network
Our three main areas of concentration are professional development, engagement and educational research and policy, particularly as it applies to low-performing schools.
Mission and Goals
The Center’s activities are aligned with the goals set by the South Carolina Education Oversight Committee:
- To make the best possible ideas and resources available to educators, families and communities to ensure every child has the opportunity to succeed in school and beyond;
- To provide timely training and professional development to educators, families and communities;
- To establish collaborative educational enterprises with schools and school divisions that support dissemination of proven practices, rigorous field trials of promising models, and development and testing of innovative research based models in collaboration with other state primary educational partners; and
- To develop broad-based partnerships with schools, communities, agencies and businesses for educational impact.
In addition to regular leadership meetings to review data and propose operational changes, the center is formally reviewed by the UofSC College of Education’s Quality Assurance Committee (QCom). The committee, made up of faculty and administrative representatives from the College of Education and the College of Arts and Sciences, principals and teachers from the public school system, alumni, and the South Carolina Department of Education, is responsible for managing, monitoring, and reviewing assessment plans and data within the College of Education.
Core Center for Educational Partnerships partners were reviewed by QCom in 2014. Review findings for each core partner were compiled and shared with the Dean’s Executive Council, program directors, and the CEP’s Co-directors. We invite you to read the 2014 QCom Review Findings for SC School Improvement Council and SC Educational Policy Center [pdf] and the 2014 QCom Review Findings for SC Middle Schools Initiative, Writing Improvement Network, and SC Geographic Alliance [pdf].