The university Committee on Tenure and Promotion (UCTP) is an important faculty committee composed of 24 tenured, full professors. The UCTP formally evaluates and votes on all tenure and promotion files.
The committee then reports its recommendations directly to the president. The UCTP works with the Office of the Provost and has final approval for all revisions to the statements of criteria and procedures for tenure and promotion submitted by the various academic units at the university.
Finally, the UCTP provides guidance on the tenure and promotion process to units and candidates. Units can find help preparing and revising their criteria and procedures for tenure and/or promotion in the UCTP Guidelines for Units: Preparing Criteria and Files [pdf] document. Guidance for the compilation, submission, and confidential handling of tenure or promotion files can also be found in the UCTP Guidelines document.
The UCTP also organizes an annual spring workshop on reading day for colleagues applying for tenure and promotion.
Elected Committee Members
- DeAnne K. Hilfinger Messias, Nursing (2018) - Chair
- Maria Girardi, Mathematics (2018)
- Carol Harrison, History (2018)
- Robin Morris, Psychology (2018)
- Tammi Richardson, Biological Sciences (2018)
- John Fitz Rogers, Music (2018)
- Subra Bulusu, Earth, Ocean, and Environment (2019)
- Robert Cox, Political Science (2019)
- Robert Johnson, Educational Studies (2019)
- Sue Levkoff, Social Work (2019)
- Christopher Williams, Chemical Engineering (2019)
Gail Barnes, Music (2020)
Timothy Fry, Management Science (2020)
Esmaiel Jabbari, Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (2020)
Jihong Liu, Public Health (2020)
Joseph Quattro, Biological Sciences (2020)
Appointed Committee Members
- Holly LaVoie, Medicine (2018)
- Mark Nagel, Sport and Entertainment Management (2018)
- Wadie Said, Law (2018)
- Audrey Korsgaard, Management (2019)
- Angela Liese, Epidemiology and Biostatistics (2019)
- Jijun Tang, Computer Science and Engineering (2019)
- Campbell McInnes, Pharmacy (2020)
- Eva Monsma, Physical Education (2020)
- Michael Stoeltzner, Philosophy (2020)