Ladson F. Boyle
|Title:||Charles E. Simons, Jr. Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Federal Law
|School of Law|
1525 Senate Street
Professor Boyle specializes in taxation and estate planning. He practiced law for seven years before joining the USC Law faculty in 1982. Professor Boyle co-edits the Probate Practice Reporter and is co-author of Blattmachr on Income Taxation of Estates and Trusts and Federal Taxation of Estates, Trusts, and Gifts.
- LL.M. (1975), New York University
- J.D. (1974), University of South Carolina
- B.S. (1969), College of Charleston
- Wills, Trusts & Estates (LAWS 641)
- Income Tax of Trusts and Estates (LAWS 643)
- Estate & Gift Tax (LAWS 649)
- Partnership Tax (LAWS 637)
- Corporate Tax (LAWS 636)
- Ladson Boyle & Jonathan G. Blattmachr, IRD and Charities: The Separate Share Regulations and the Economic Effect Requirement, 52 Real Prop. Tr. & Est. L.J. 369 (2018).
- Ladson Boyle & Jonathan G. Blattmachr, The Impact of the 2017 Tax Act on the Itemized Deductions of Estates and Trusts and the Pass-Through of Excess Deductions to Beneficiaries, Steve Leimberg’s Income Tax Plan. Email Newsl., Apr. 12, 2018, at Archive Message No. 138.
- Ladson Boyle, Jonathan G. Blattmachr & Mitchell M. Gans, Planning Opportunities with ESBT’s: Saving State and Local Income Taxes, 129 J. of Tax’n 20 (July 2018).
- F. Ladson Boyle & S. Alan Medlin, South Carolina Fiduciary Accounting and Taxation (S.C. Bar 2017).
- Blattmachr on Income Taxation of Estates and Trusts, 16th Edition (with Jonathan G. Blattmachr), 2013–present, Practicing Law Institute, with annual supplements.
- Blattmachr on Income Taxation of Estates and Trusts, 15th Edition (with Jonathan G. Blattmachr), 2007–2013, Practicing Law Institute, with annual supplements.
- Income Taxation of Estates and Trusts, 14th Edition (with Jonathan G. Blattmachr), 2006 Annual Supplement, published by Practicing Law Institute.
- Federal Taxation of Estates, Trusts and Gifts (with Bloom, Gaubatz, and Solomon) published by Lexis/Nexis Matthew Bender, Revised Third Edition 2003.