Tech2Teach, housed within the College of Education, is committed to helping you make a smooth transition to one of our teacher education programs. If you attend or plan to attend a technical college and have questions about course selection or the transfer process, contact Susan Vinson, our Tech2Teach advisor.
The College of Education offers these teacher preparation programs:
- Early Childhood Education (grades PreK-3)
- Elementary Education (grades 2-6)
- Middle Level Education (grades 5-8)
- Physical Education (PE in grades PreK-12)
- Secondary Education (English, science, social studies, or math in grades 9-12)
- Elementary Education online completion program (grades 2-6)
The College of Education collaborates with several South Carolina technical colleges to create specific transfer plans from each institution. Download detailed information about courses and transfer processes by choosing the technical college you attend from the list below.
- Central Carolina Technical College [pdf]
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College [pdf]
- Midlands Technical College [pdf]
- Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College [pdf]
If you attend or plan to attend another South Carolina technical college, you can also participate in Tech2Teach. Contact Susan Vinson, our Tech2Teach advisor for more information.
If you are completing the Associate’s Degree in Early Care and Education and plan to transfer, you should contact the Tech2Teach advisor for additional important transfer information.
As required by the South Carolina Department of Education, you must meet the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators requirement in order to successfully progress into upper level courses in the education programs at the University of South Carolina. You can meet this requirement in one of the following ways.
- Pass all three sections (reading, writing, and mathematics) of the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators.
- You may exempt all or part of the Praxis Core exam with qualifying ACT or SAT scores.
If you have not met the ACT or SAT exemption score, you should begin preparing for the Praxis Core requirement while at your South Carolina Technical College. While you are not required to have passing scores before transferring, it is helpful for meeting program progression requirements and it is one of the requirements of the South Carolina Teacher’s Loan.
You can find more information on the Praxis Core, including the ACT and SAT exemption scores on our Praxis Core Assistance webpage.