In addition to the requirements of the Graduate School, you will need to submit the following to apply for the M.Ed. in Higher Education and Student Affairs:
- Current resume which highlights educational and employment history, higher education or student affairs experience, and includes contact information.
- Personal statement (2-3 pages, double spaced) which addresses the following:
- What experiences have led to your interest in pursuing a career in higher education and student affairs?
- What qualities, characteristics, and skills do you possess that make you a strong candidate for the HESA program?
- What do you hope to learn from the HESA program and how does this relate to your personal and career goals?
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions you have attended.
- Scores from either the GRE or the MAT. If English is your second language, you must also submit TOEFL scores for consideration. All test scores must be from within the past 5 years.
- Non-refundable application fee
The faculty of the Higher Education and Student Affairs program make recommendations for admission to the Graduate School based upon five criteria: academic record, personal statement, related work and leadership experience, letters of recommendation, and GRE or MAT scores.