About the Program
The Research Center for Transforming Health Emerging Physician Scientist Faculty Fellowship
(EPS) program is an exciting opportunity for early career or transitioning physician
scientists to gain experience and mentorship in translational research.
The EPS Faculty Fellowship is a 15-month program that will include education, training and pilot project funding, intended to inform a successful extramural grant application and submission. The EPS program aims to facilitate new and innovative, interdisciplinary, translational research with emphasis on diseases and conditions of importance to South Carolina’s future.
2022-2023 Program Overview
Program Duration: January 2022-March 2023 (15 months)
Award Amount: $30,000/12 months (1-year budget)
Number of Awards: up to 2 may be awarded
- The applicant must be a physician in good standing with a faculty appointment/affiliation at the UofSC School of Medicine-Columbia
- Propose a research project that is clinical/ translational in nature, that will lead to results suitable to serve as the foundation or support for a successful extramural research grant application
- The ability of the applicant to commit to full participation in all requirements and activities of the program
Benefits for Emerging Physician Scientist:
- Didactic education and training in translational research and grant development
- Funding for pilot project that can be scaled up and/or used to establish a larger project
- Support and mentorship in project development and implementation
- Support and mentorship for a successful extramural grant submission
Letter of Intent due by September 20, 2021
Final online application is due by October 25, 2021
If you need to save and return to your application, click the
"save and return later" button at the bottom of the application.