Our Collaborative Partners
The Research Center for Transforming Health collaborates with a number of partners across USC and the community. We leverage these connections to assist researchers as they make new contacts and develop their network. Below highlights some of our collaborative partnerships.
- Facilitating research necessary to inform strategy, investment and health policy related to rural and primary care in South Carolina.
- Increasing access to specialized services for rural and underserved primary health providers.
- Promoting collaboration among state entities involved in rural health issues.
The USC School of Medicine has a long history of collaboration with the Columbia VA Health Care System (Wm. Jennings Bryan Dorn VA Medical Center). The Columbia VA has an active research and development program committed to enhancing health care for veterans. To further their research mission, the Columbia VA and the RCTH have developed a partnership to foster research collaborations across our institutions and assist Columbia VA researchers with:
- Pre-award grant submissions assistance
- Statistical and data analytic support for pilot projects and pending submissions
- Educational resources for grant submissions and management
- Promotion of youth physical activity and dietary behaviors
- Prevention of obesity and diabetes mellitus in children and adolescents
- Methods and applications of nutritional epidemiology
- Understanding family dynamics/interactions in promoting healthy diet and physical activity in underserved adolescents.
- Ecological and social cognitive theoretical models for understanding family connectedness.
- Social support and role modeling in promoting health behavior change in youth.
- Family-based interventions for promoting healthy diet.
- Physical activity among underserved adolescents.
- Involvement of protein aggregation in Alzheimer’s disease
- Economic evaluation of pharmaceuticals and medical interventions
- Drug benefit design
- Formulary management and
- Health care public policy
- Community pharmacy
- Statewide pediatric clinical trials network
- Emphasis on clinical research to better understand and improve health outcomes for children and families living in rural and medically underserved areas of the state