Faculty and Staff
Erica J. Lake, M.S.
|Title:||Director, Center for Corporate Engagement
|College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management|
|LinkedIn:||My LinkedIn profile|
M.S., Counselor Education (Student Affairs), 2003, Mississippi State University
B.A., Communication (Public Relations), 2001, Mississippi State University
Erica Lake is the director of the Center for Corporate Engagement in the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management. Prior to her work in the College, she served more than eight years as the associate director for employer relations for the University of South Carolina Career Center. She has many years of experience building relationships with employers and helping them to connect with University of South Carolina students for internships and full-time positions. Erica has managed an online recruiting platform that provides networking opportunities for students to connect with employers through job postings, career fairs, on-campus interviews and specialized networking events.
Erica is dedicated to her profession and serves on the 2017-2018 Board of Directors for the Southern Association of Colleges and Employers (SoACE) as the director for targeted knowledge groups. For many years, she has volunteered through the SoACE Employer Relations Knowledge Group. As the chair of the knowledge group, Erica led a team of seven career services professionals in providing relevant professional development opportunities for the members of SoACE. She drafted a plan in conjunction with other knowledge group leaders for the Inaugural Employer Relations Summit, which provides a forum for more than 100 corporate and employer relations professionals to connect each year.
Erica is a 2013 graduate of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Management Leadership Institute and a 2014 graduate of Leadership Columbia.
A two-time graduate of Mississippi State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications (public relations) and a Master of Science in Education (student affairs). Erica has presented on best practices in employer relations at both the National Association of Colleges and Employers annual meeting and the Southern Association of Colleges and Employers annual conference. She frequently consults with career services professionals about employer relations programs, policies and procedures.
Erica enjoys traveling, reading, and spending time with her husband, Dietrich, daughter, Jordin, and two sons, Sebastian and Austin. In addition, she is an avid SEC basketball and football enthusiast.
Honors and awards
- Southern Association of Colleges and Employers New Professional Award, 2012
- Staff Chair, USC Provost’s Advisory Committee on Women’s Issues, 2013
- Leadership Columbia, 2014
Professional affiliations and/or consulting experiences
- Board of Directors, Target Knowledge Groups, Southern Association of Colleges and Employers, 2017 – 2018
- Assistant Chair, Exhibitors and Sponsorships, Southern Association of Colleges and Employers Annual Conference 2016
- Chair, Employer Relations Knowledge Group, Southern Association of Colleges and Employers, 2015
- Certificate in Leadership, Institute for Leadership and Professional Excellence, Columbia College, 2014
- Certificate in Professional Selling, Carew International, 2015
- Connecting with Local and National Employers, Career Services Conference Presenter, Intern Bridge, 2015
- Capitalizing on Your Employer Relationships, National Association of Colleges and Employers Annual Conference Presenter, 2013