Our curriculum is 18 credit-hours that can be completed in one to two years. You must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better in order to continue in the program.
You're required to take six credit-hours of core courses each semester.
- Molecular Biology (3 hours)
- Biological Chemistry (4 hours)
- Physiology for Health Sciences (6 hours)
You can choose one elective course for credit per semester.
- Neuroscience (3 hours)
- Histology (3 hours)
- Neoplasia (3 hours)
- Biochemistry of Metabolism (3 hours)
- Neurobiology: Physiology for Neurobiologists (2 hours)
- Medical Cell Biology (3 hours)
- Anatomy of the Head and Neck (3 hours)
- Medical Genetics for Health Professionals (3 hours)
- Human Anatomy (6 hours)
- Immunology (3 hours)
In addition to the above coursework, we offer seminars throughout the year that focus on:
- Scientific topics
- Medical school application preparation
- Interview strategies
How to Apply
You can apply to our program online through the Graduate School. Please have your supplemental materials ready:
- GRE, MCAT or DAT score
- Personal essay telling us why you wish to join the certificate program
- Letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all colleges and schools
You can email your supporting documents to email@example.com.
The Biomedical Studies Certificate program considers multiple sources of information to ensure fairness and to eliminate the limitations of any individual measure of knowledge, skills or abilities for applicants to the program. These sources include undergraduate GPA, Letters of Recommendation, Personal Statements, Professional/Personal Experience and MCAT/DAT/GRE test scores.
The Test Score requirement for admission into the Biomedical Studies Certificate is a MCAT score of 495, a DAT score of 17 or a GRE score above the 50th percentile in the verbal and quantitative sections. For applicants who score slightly less than the requirements, the committee may consider additional information and could recommend conditional admission into the program.
Tuition and Fees
Visit the Bursar's website for a complete list of tuition and fees.
- Resident: $18,000
- Non-Resident: $23,940