Candle M. Wester
|Title:||Interim Director of the Law Library
Associate Director for Faculty Services and Administration
School of Law
1525 Senate Street
Candle Wester received her J.D. from the University of Nebraska and her M.S.L.I.S from the University of Illinois. Ms. Wester joined the Law Library faculty as the Assistant Director for Faculty Services in 2012.
Prior to joining the USC faculty, Ms. Wester was the Access Services Librarian at Southern Illinois School of Law Library. In addition to her position in the library, she taught in the first-year legal research and writing program and co-taught an advanced legal research course.
Since 2005, Ms. Wester has been a member of the American Association of Law Libraries. She is also a member of the Alpha Chapter of Beta Phi Mu, an international library and information science honor society, which was established at the Graduate School of Library Science, University of Illinois, in 1948.
Her scholarly interests include bioethics, mentoring, law library management, and intellectual property.
- Book Review, Principles of Legal Research, Second Edition, 108 L. Libr. J. 464 (2016).
- Co-Author, The Mentoring Family Tree: How intergenerational concepts can inform and improve our mentoring relationships, Spectrum (July 2015).
- Co-Author, CALI (Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction) lesson on Illinois Secondary Resources, (Summer 2015).
- MAALL/SWALL Conference Report on “Managing the Flow of Information into Your Office: Juggling Social Media, Productivity, and Sanity,” MAALL Markings, (December 2011).
- Waters and Water Rights: Glossary, (Robert E. Beck, Editor-in-Chief, Lexis Publishing, 3rd ed., 2009).