What We Can Do for You
Tourism-related economic development assistance includes a variety of services designed to improve an area’s ability to capitalize on natural, historical, and man-made resources. The institute’s assistance can include research, technical assistance or both. Some examples of research subject areas:
- Customer segmentation and targeting helps you better identify and understand your best customers, find them, and reach them more effectively. The institute specializes in lifestyle segmentation using the innovative Claritas PRIZM NE ™ system.
- Market feasibility analyses look at the potential for a new tourism product or service, and include a review of market size, competition, trends, user profiles, and travel expenditures.
- Economic feasibility and economic impact analyses evaluate if a tourism project is financially sound for a community, region, or state government.
- Comprehensive assessments combine several of these services into one project to give a community or region a complete picture of its tourism industry and potential.
- Other customized projects can be designed to provide the information you need for tourism-related economic development or business decisions.
- The International Tourism Research Institute helps to keep clients current on tourism-related economic development by disseminating information via presentations and workshops.