Faculty and Staff
Robert Price, Ph.D.
|Title:||Research Professor of Cell Biology and Anatomy
Director of the Instrumentation Resource Facility (IRF)
|Department:||Cell Biology and Anatomy
School of Medicine
Cell Biology & Anatomy
|Resources:||Lab Phone: 803-216-3825|
1976 Lake Superior State College – Bachelors of Science – Biology
1979 Southern Illinois University – Masters of Science – Zoology
1983 Southern Illinois University – Ph.D. – Zoology
Dr. Price is the Director of the University of South Carolina Instrumentation Resource Facility (IRF) which is a biotechnology core that houses a wide range of instrumentation including confocal and electron microscopes, cell sorters, and small animal imaging systems. Dr. Price’s primary expertise is in confocal and electron microscopy. He has received several awards from local and national microscopy societies including the Southeast Microscopy Society Distinguished Scientist Award and the Microscopy Society of America Distinguished Service Award. He is currently the Editor-in-Chief of Microscopy and Microanalysis which is the journal of the Microscopy Society of America. He has also organized and taught numerous national and international confocal microscopy workshops and Springer recently published a book by Dr. Price and Dr. Jay Jerome of Vanderbilt University entitled “Basic Confocal Microscopy” based on these workshops.
- Price RL, Haley ST, Bullard T, Davis J, Borg TK, Terracio L (2013) Confocal microscopy of cardiac myocytes. Methods Mol Biol. 1075:185-199.
- Singh UP, Singh NP, Guan H, Busbee B, Price RL, Taub DD, Mishra MK, Fayad R, Nagarkatti M, Nagarkatti PS. 2013. Leptin antagonist ameliorates chronic colitis in IL-10-/- mice. Immunobiology. In Press.
- Singh UP, Singh NP, Guan H, Busbee B, Price RL, Taub DD, Mishra MK, Fayad R, Nagarkatti M, Nagarkatti PS (2013) The emerging role of leptin antagonist as a potential therapeutic option for inflammatory bowel disease. Int Rev Immunol (In Press)
- White JP, Puppa MJ, Sato S, Gao S, Price RL, Baynes JW, Kostek MC, Matesic LE, Carson JA (2012) IL-6 regulation on skeletal muscle mitochondrial remodeling during cancer cachexia in the ApcMin/+ mouse. Skelet Muscle 2:14.
- Saeed AI, Rieder SA, Price RL, Barker J, Nagarkatti P, Nagarkatti M (2012) Acute lung injury induced by Staphylococcal enterotoxin B: disruption of terminal vessels as a mechanism of induction of vascular leak. Microsc Microanal18:445-452.
- Singh, U.P., Narendra P. Singh, Balwan Singh, Lorne J. Hofseth, Robert L Price, Mitzi Nagarkatti, and Prakash S. Nagarkatti. 2011. Role of resveratrol-induced CD11b+ Gr-1+ myeloid derived suppressor cells (MDSCs) in the reduction of CXCR3+ T cells and amelioration of chronic colitis in IL-10-/- mice. In Press: Brain, Behavior and Immunity.
- Singh, NP*, Singh, U.P.*, Balwan Singh, Robert L Price, Mitzi Nagarkatti, and Prakash S. Nagarkatti. 2011. Activation of Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Leads to Reciprocal Epigenetic Regulation of FoxP3 and IL-17 genes and Amelioration of Experimental Colitis. PLoS ONE 6(8):1-13.
- Davis, C, Price, RL, Acharya, G, Baudino, T, Borg, T, Berger, FG, Pena, MMO. 2011. Hematopoietic derived cell infiltration of the intestinal tumor microenvironment in APCMin/+Mice. Microsc and Microanal: 17(4):528-539
- Tan, H, Junor, L, Price, RL, Norris, RA, Potts, JD, Goodwin, RL. In Press. Expression and deposition of fibrous extracellular matrix proteins in cardiac valves during chick development. Microsc and Microanal: 17(1): 91-100
- Singh UP, Singh NP, Singh B, Hofseth LJ, Price RL, Nagarkatti M, Nagarkatti PS. 2010. Resveratrol (trans-3,5,4'-trihydroxystilbene) induces silent mating type information regulation-1 and down-regulates nuclear transcription factor-kappaB activation to abrogate dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 332(3):829-39.
- Young LE. Sanduja S. Bemis-Standoli K. Pena EA. Price RL. Dixon DA. 2009. The mRNA binding proteins HuR and tristetraprolin regulate cyclooxygenase 2 expression during colon carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 136(5):1669-79.
- Kotakadi V, Jin Y, Hofseth AB, Ying L, Cui X, Volate S, Chumanevich A, Wood P, Price R, McNeal A, Singh UP, Singh N, Nagarkatti M, Nagarkatti P, Matesic LE, Auclair K, Wargovich MJ, Hofseth LJ. Ginkgo biloba extract EGb 761 has anti-inflammatory properties and ameliorates colitis in mice by driving effector T cell apoptosis. Carcinogenesis 29(9):1799-1806.
- Kordus, RJ, Price, RL, Davis, JM, Whitman-Elia, GF. 2008. Successful twin birth following blastocyst culture of embryos derived from the immotile ejaculated spermatozoa from a patient with primary ciliary dyskinesia: A case report. J Assist Reprod Genet. Online DOI 10.1007/s10815-008-9254-x
- Xinhua Yan, Schuldt, Adam JT, Price, Robert L., Amende, I., Liu, FF, Okoshi, K., Ho, KKL., Pope, AJ., Borg, TK., Lorell, BJ, Morgan, JP. 2008. Pressure Overload-induced Hypertrophy in Transgenic Mice Selectively Overexpressing AT2 Receptors in Ventricular Myocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 294(3); H1274-1281.
- Baudino TA, McFadden A, Fix C, Hastings J, Price RL, Borg TK. 2008. Cell patterning: interaction of cardiac myocytes and fibroblasts in 3-dimensional culture. Microscopy and Microanalysis. 14(2):117-125.