The Dean's Circle recognizes donors who annually (July 1-June 30) make gifts of $1,000
or more to the South Carolina Honors College. Donors are recognized at the levels
below. Your contribution to the Honors College may also qualify you for membership
in one of the University's giving societies depending on the amount of your gift.
|Recognition Level||Giving Range|
|Summa Cum Laude||$10,000+|
|Magna Cum Laude||$5,000-$9,999|
Join the Dean's Circle
You can leave your mark on the Honors College today. Donate online, choosing Colleges & Schools from the list of areas to support. Next, select South Carolina Honors College and Carolina Fund. Complete the remainder of the form with your pledge and personal information. You may also download the Dean's Circle brochure [pdf].
Members of the Dean's Circle will receive special recognition throughout the year, including:
- Your name appearing in the Dean's Circle Honor Roll in print and online
- Bi-annual emails from the Dean
- Subscription to AHA!
- Invitations to special events
University-wide recognition programs
To honor and acknowledge the generosity and support of your gifts, the university provides special recognition through a variety of cumulative, annual and gift planning societies.
- Alumni and friends who have made an annual gift for two or more consecutive years are given exclusive membership to the Carolina Circle. These generous donors are among our most loyal constituents and help ensure students past, present and future are given every opportunity to succeed both in and out of the classroom.
- President's Society members commit to giving $1,801 to $24,999 annually, benefiting scholarships, academic programs, faculty recruitment and classroom enhancements. Faculty and staff who give $1,000+ annually are also included in the President's Society.
- The Horseshoe Society honors donors who have made cumulative gifts of $100,000 or more.
- Carolina Guardian Society recognizes and honors donors of deferred gifts such as trusts, bequests, insurance policies and annuities to the university or one of its affiliated foundations.
Senior Director of Development
If you have any questions about giving or would like to discuss how you can support the Honors College, please contact our Senior Director of Development, Jennifer Shepard.
Office: Desaussure College