The first step in applying to the Washington Semester Program is to submit the online application. The application is due by 5 p.m. on Thursday, February 25, 2021.
Invited applicants will need to be available for the following:
- Interviews: Saturday, March 6
- Orientation: Sunday, March 7
In addition to the online application, applicants are responsible for ensuring that the following materials reach the Washington Semester Program by the application deadline:
- A statement (approx. 500 words) that discusses how the Washington Semester Program relates to your personal, academic and professional goals.
- A current resume.
- A transcript showing all college-level work attempted, including the current semester. It need not be an official transcript. It must show the classes you have taken, the grades earned and the cumulative GPA.
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to "The Selection Committee". At least one of the letters must be from a college faculty member familiar with your academic work. Past or current employers or others who can address your work ethic and ability to work well with others are also encouraged. The recommendation letters may be emailed to email@example.com.
- A statement from your honors director will be obtained from the UofSC Director of Internship Programs stating that you are an active member in good standing of your school's honors program. In programs that allow non-honors college students to apply, your GPA must be 3.5 or higher and you must complete the standard application process.
- All University of South Carolina students must submit a completed FERPA Waiver consent to release form [pdf].
Please note it is recommended that you have all your application materials ready to download prior to completing the online application form. Letters of recommendation can be sent by the recommender by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by the deadline via UPS, USPS, FedEx or other courier services to:
University of South Carolina Honors College
Columbia, SC 29208