Counseling and Rehabilitation Labs
The South Carolina Center for Assistive Technology and Educational Research (SC-CATER) is a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment of faculty, professionals, and persons with disabilities working together to enhance the lives of persons with disabilities in the areas of school and transitioning to work. At the heart of the Center are the core values of equality, equity, and access. We hold the belief that no person should be deprived of services, benefits, or opportunity due to a disability.
The Counseling and Rehabilitation Virtual-Reality (VR) Laboratory provides immersive simulations of balanced and interdisciplinary pathways for faculty, professionals, and students. Researchers and practitioners can both analyze and synthesize VR use in-practice as well as its pedagogical grounding. This integrative VR laboratory serves as a diversifiable mechanism toward optimal functioning levels of cognitions, rehabilitation, and recovery.
Professional Development Resources
- South Carolina Professional Counselor Licensure Information
- American Counseling Association
- Council on Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- American Rehabilitation Counseling Association
- National Rehabilitation Association
- Commission on Rehabilitation Certification
- Rehabilitation Counseling LibGuide
Site Supervisor Resources
- Training Resources (Password Protected)