Skip to Content

Academic Advising

Social Work


Make an Appointment with Your Academic Advisor

Before registering for classes each semester, you must meet with your assigned academic advisor in the College of Social Work.


Commonly Asked Questions about Academic Advising in the College of Social Work

Professional staff advise in this college. All incoming freshmen students are assigned to a first-year professional staff advisor.

You can view your advisor’s information on your registration checklist in Self-Service Carolina or by viewing your degree audit in DegreeWorks.

You'll also receive an email from their advisor at the start of each academic year.  

Easy! Schedule an appointment online using the EAB Navigate System. 

Advisement for Summer and Fall semesters begins the first week of March and ends when all students have been advised.  

Advisement for the Spring semester begins the first or second week of September and ends when all students have been advised. 


Changing Majors into the College of Social Work

If you are interested in changing majors into the College of Social Work, meet with an Exploratory Advisor to make sure you meet all necessary requirements. 

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.