For the Fall 2023 full term semester
Add/Drop Deadline (for full term courses): Wednesday, August 30th, 2023
- Prior to the add/drop deadline students can freely add or drop courses from their schedules.
- Prior to the add/drop deadline students will receive a 100% tuition refund for dropped courses and no grade will be assigned on the academic transcript.
Course Withdrawal: Courses dropped after the add/drop deadline will impact a student’s academic transcript and tuition liability. Please see the Registrar’s webpage on Withdrawal for more detailed information.
- First day “W” grade assigned: August 31, 2023
- Last day “W” grade assigned: November 8, 2023
- First day “WF” grade assigned: November 9, 2023
- Tuition refund deadlines are listed on the Part of Term Dates and Deadlines page
Classes are offered face-to-face, online, and in a hybrid of online and face-to-face instruction modalities.
Learn how to browse for classes by instructional method.
View the Fall 2020 Instructional Methods resource for detailed information on the course delivery methods.
Video: Before You Drop a Course
Video: Drop a Course
1. Log in to Self Service Carolina:
2. Select Registration
3. Select Register for Classes
4. Select the appropriate term for class you want to drop
5. Select Drop/Withdrawal from the “Action” drop down menu on the bottom right of the screen
- If you are unable to drop/add a class due to log in issues, please visit the Division of Information Technology’s website or call 803-777-1800.
- If you are unable to drop/add a class due to a hold, please view this list of common holds and restrictions that prevent the ability to drop/add courses.
It can. If you have any scholarships or financial aid, please contact the Office of Financial Aid before dropping/withdrawing from a course by visiting their website or calling 803-777-8134.
Depending on the class, it can. Please contact your primary academic advisor before dropping a class to discuss possible implications on progression in your major.