The intended outcome of the Ensuring Degree-Applicable Credit intervention is to significantly reduce the number of students enrolled in incorrect and/or unnecessary classes.
Timeline for Intervention:
Fall - Mid-August to the Add/Drop Deadline
Spring - Mid December to the Add/Drop Deadline
Check the record of each student you advised this summer.
- If non-UAA academic advisors supported orientation advisement during summer orientation, please determine a way to ensure that all students’ records are checked. This may mean scrubbing records of students you did not advise.
- If you need assistance pulling a list of students who were seen by other advisors, reach out to Paige.
See if re-advisement or registration revisions are needed. Examples include:
- Review the prior collegiate work that has now posted to their records. (You may need to click “process new” on the DegreeWorks audit to review prior college work that now has posted.)
- Review the student’s registered course schedule for the fall.
- If you find anything that necessitates schedule revisions, e-mail the student and paste that e-mail as a note on the student’s Navigate record. Place any re-advisement notes in DegreeWorks.
- If you motivated a student to take or re-take the Math Placement Test but that action has not yet happened, e-mail the student.
- If you notice that a student is not enrolled in at least 14/15 hours and you do not have context on why the student has not elected to enroll in the standard of 5 classes, reach out to the student to share the value of 15-hour enrollment each semester. Ask them to reply back with additional information on the decision or to enroll in another course based on orientation advisement.
- If you have students with outstanding unevaluated transfer coursework, reach out to Amanda Lucas
Log outreach that is sent as part of this intervention in EAB Navigate using the “FYA Intervention” tag on the note.