My summer rotation provided an exciting clinical experience working in a healthcare system in a part of the country that I had never been before. The experiences I had in Dallas, Texas, proved to be invaluable throughout my training and growth as a genetic counselor.
Ashton Wolfe (2018)
During the summer between your first and second year, you'll have the opportunity to experience six weeks, full-time in clinical rotation at a site throughout the United States or internationally.
You'll also have the opportunity to participate in a one to two-week laboratory rotation in a variety of settings. This allows an in-depth exposure to the intricacies of laboratory genetic counseling.
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland
- National Human Genome Research Institute
- Children’s National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Evergreen Healthcare, Seattle
- Legacy Healthcare, Portland
- Duke University
- Tulane University
- Dallas Children’s Hospital
- Johns Hopkins University
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- Gene Dx
- Ambry Genetics
- Quest Diagnostics
- ARUP Laboratories