We use a rolling admissions process until all the seats are filled, so it's in your best interest to apply early.
How to Apply
We use the Centralized Application Service for PAs (CASPA) as well as a supplementary application through the USC Graduate School, which you will complete after we receive your verified CASPA application. Only verified CASPA applications will be considered by the PA Program.
After we receive your verified CASPA application, you will get an email with instructions on how to complete the supplemental application.
Your supplemental materials may include:
- GRE scores taken within 5 years of applying
- TOEFL scores for students who are not native English speakers
- Letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- $50 processing fee
Interviews on the School of Medicine campus are at the invitation of the Admissions Committee and are a required part of the admissions process for all applicants.
2018 Application Timeline
It's your responsibility to ensure we have received all your application materials.
- April 27: CASPA application is available
- July 15: Deadline to report GRE scores
- September 1: Deadline for application materials to be verified at the CASPA office. After we receive a verified application, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your supplemental application.
- September 15: Supplemental application deadline
- January: Classes begin
Priority in application review and invitation for interview will be given to those applicants who have completed their verified CASPA, the USC supplemental application, and had official GRE scores reported by July 15, 2018.
Although we ask for specific prerequisites, we evaluate your application on its individual merits. Evidence of academic potential, knowledge of the health care system, motivation, personal maturity, self-assurance and good interpersonal skills will weigh strongly in the admission decision.
No Exceptions: All admission requirements listed must be met for consideration. The USC School of
Medicine PA Program does not allow exceptions.
Exemptions: Anyone with a vaccine exemption may be excluded from the University/College in the event of a Measles, Mumps, Rubella or Diphtheria outbreak in accordance with public health law.
Preferences for Admission: SC Residents, USC alumni, US veterans
Advanced Placement: We do not offer advanced placement in the PA Program.