If you are majoring in science or a health field, this minor can help you prepare for the MCAT and provide practical experience toward a career in medicine, nursing, public health, global health, health policy, health promotion, law, journalism, psychology or patient advocacy.
The minor may especially complement these majors:
- Biological sciences
- Public health
The medical humanities and culture minor:
- Builds a holistic approach to medicine and health.
- Contributes to a knowledge base beyond medicine.
- Creates opportunity to engage with other programs, schools and colleges.
- Improves visual literacy necessary for making discerning diagnoses.
- Enhances students’ cultural competency.
- Includes many courses which are major requirements.
- Provides a foundation for many graduate fields or research.
- Provides opportunity to engage with ethical questions.