If you are interested in one of our programs and would like to schedule an evaluation, please follow the instructions below. If you have any questions about the evaluation process or about a particular program, please call (803)-777-2614, extension 9 and your call will be directed to the appropriate faculty member.
1. For a speech, language, or hearing evaluation appointment, call (803) 777-2630. The administrative assistant for scheduling will ask several questions in order to complete a patient in-take form. These questions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Patient name, address, phone number
- E-mail address, if available
- Referring physician
- Primary concern about the individual’s speech, language, hearing
- Other professionals providing the same or related services
- Insurance information, including policy number (a copy of your card will be requested at the time of your appointment). See Fees and Insurance for additional information.
2. A case history form, an information letter, and directions to the Center are then mailed to you. We request that you read all information thoroughly and that you complete the case history form with the information requested.
3. Email or mail the completed case history form and any additional requested information. The administrative assistant for scheduling will call you to discuss appointment days and times.