Open to prospective graduate students in any doctoral or MFA program, the fellowship provides a stipend in addition to that which is offered by the academic department. Renewal of the stipend each semester is contingent upon participation in professional development seminars and adequate progress towards degree completion.
$32,000 over four years
$20,000 over five semesters
- Have been admitted to a doctoral or MFA program for the Fall 2020 semester.
Must have scored in the 80th percentile or higher in at least one section of a nationally-normed standardized test.
Must have an outstanding creative portfolio in lieu of standardized test scores.
Submitting a Nomination
Graduate Directors must nominate prospective Fellows after they have been admitted to their graduate program.
Instructions on how to submit nominations will be sent to Graduate Directors when the nomination period opens.
- Full Academic History
- Standardized Test Scores (GRE, GMAT, etc.)
- Nomination Letter from the Graduate Director (should outline the nominee's merits, fit for the program and level of funding to be provided to the student by the program)
The program must provide the fellow with whichever is greater:
- 50% tuition and fee abatement plus an $8,000 annual stipend OR
- The standard level of funding for a graduate assistant in the academic unit
Will be announced in December 2019.
How Nominations Work
Nominations and selections for the Fall 2020 cohort will be made throughout the Spring 2020 semester. There will be three nomination deadlines with the intent of accommodating the wide range of application deadlines across our doctoral and MFA programs.