- Major: Clinical Expert
- Degree: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- School/College: Nursing
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Fall Application Deadlines
Early: January 15
Priority: March 1
Final: May 1
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (from all earned degrees)
- Transcripts from all Colleges/Universities (regardless of number of credits earned)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (from a doctorally prepared registered nurse or physician)
- Personal Goal Statement (respond to prompt included in application)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Current Unencumbered RN Licensure in State of Practice
- Verification of Work Hours form (confirming you have at least 2400 hours within the past 24 months)
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
A Note from the Program
The Clinical Expert DNP is a practice degree designed to prepare clinical practitioner scholars to extend their scope within the advanced practice clinical and leadership roles. The curricular plan is designed for the registered nurse practitioner that holds a Master’s degree with a nursing emphasis and is licensed and practicing as an advanced practice nurse with prescriptive authority. The curriculum consists of course work that develops advanced leadership skills and provides preparation in population-based and application science to improve patient outcomes. Graduates are prepared to practice in complex health systems.
This online program is available in states whose licensing boards approve distance learning. While the majority of students are from SC and surrounding states, the USC College of Nursing is not currently authorized to provide this program in all states. Please refer to our State Authorization website for a list of all available states.