Skip to Content

Student Affairs and Academic Support

Undergraduate Student Ombuds Services

Sometimes, things don’t go according to plan. An illness keeps you out of class. A family emergency requires you to be away from campus. You have a concern, but you’re not sure who to tell. Maybe you have a problem you’ve tried to solve, but you’re stumped about what to do next. The undergraduate student ombuds can help.

Need help?

If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are required to self-quarantine because of potential exposure, fill out the student report form for assistance.

For any other concerns, fill out our simple online form, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.


The student ombuds can guide you to resources, refer you to programs and explain university processes so that you can solve your problems and make informed choices about your academic career.


Common Concerns

Before you contact the student ombuds, you might try going straight to the source. Look below for a list of common concerns and the offices that can address them directly.

Your instructor, or the chair of the department if you've already spoken to your instructor.

Office of the Bursar

Carolina Card office        

Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life    

Financial Aid and Scholarships   

Review the hardship withdrawal web page.

your academic adviser

For help with other issues, contact Undergraduate Student Ombuds Lisa Jerald ( at 803-777-4172.

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.