Fall 2023 Deadlines & Commencement
September 22: Graduation Application Deadline
October 10: Format Check Deadline for Thesis/Dissertation
November 1: Defense Deadline
November 15: Final Submission Deadline
December 18: Master's and Certificate Commencement, 2:30 p.m., Colonial Life Arena
December 18: Doctoral Commencement, 9:30 a.m., Koger Center
Spring 2024 Deadlines & Commencement
March 4: Format Check Deadline for Thesis/Dissertation
March 22: Defense Deadline
April 8: Final Submission Deadline
May 3: Master's and Certificate Commencement by College, 3 p.m., Colonial Life Arena
May 4: Master's and Certificate Commencement by College, 9:30 a.m., Colonial Life Arena
May 4: Doctoral Commencement, 1 p.m., Koger Center
May 4: Master's and Certificate Commencement by College, 3 p.m., Colonial Life Arena
Try to submit your thesis or dissertation document early.
That way, you'll have more time to make any necessary formatting changes.
Preparing Your Document
We require consistency in form and appearance for all thesis and dissertation documents. Be sure to follow all formatting guidelines so you can avoid having to make changes and resubmit your document.
Every thesis and dissertation must conform to the requirements in this guide to be accepted. If your thesis or dissertation document is not accepted on the first try, you will be required to make the necessary changes and resubmit.
Graduate students are invited to attend free in-person or virtual formatting workshops to help format your thesis or dissertation. Visit the thesis & dissertation workshop calendar for a list of events and registration links.
Additional Formatting Resources
The Graduate School offers a variety of video presentations, workshops, samples and templates to assist with the thesis & dissertation formatting process.
- This demonstration should be used in conjunction with the Thesis & Dissertation Formatting Guide.
- Learn tips and formatting requirements specific to Word in this recorded session.
Thesis & Dissertation Formatting Workshops (Video)
- Learn the basics about formatting, submitting, and finalizing your thesis or dissertation with recorded formatting workshop sessions. (2/10/22 or 2/16/22)
- Learn how to submit your thesis or dissertation in ProQuest after you have made revisions.
- Dissertation Sample with Notes
- Dissertation Sample without Notes
- Thesis Sample with Notes
- Thesis Sample without Notes
- Preliminary Format Check Sample without Notes
- Preliminary Format Check Sample with Notes
- Manuscript Style Final Submission without Notes
- Manuscript Style Final Submission with Notes
There are currently no events to display.View the Calendar