- Major: Secondary Education
- Degree: Master of Teaching
- School/College: Education
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Summer and Fall Application Deadline: March 1
Spring Application Deadline: October 15
- Graduate Record Exam, Miller Analogies Test, or Praxis II Content Exam Scores for
the Following Specialized Areas:
- Minimum Score of 168 in English Language Arts: Content & Analysis (Test Code: 5039)
- Minimum Score of 150 in Mathematics: Content Knowledge (Test Code: 5161)
- Minimum Score of 148 in Biology: Content Knowledge (Test Code: 5235)
- Minimum Score of 152 in Chemistry: Content Knowledge (Test Code: 5245)
- Minimum Score of 130 in Physics: Content Knowledge (Test Code: 5265)
- Minimum Score of 153 in Social Studies: Content & Interpretation (Test Code: 5086)
- Official Transcripts
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement/Letter of Intent
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
- Spring Semester
- Summer Semester
Areas of Concentration
- Natural Sciences
- Social Studies
A Note from the Program
This program is for those seeking secondary teacher certification to teach high school English, mathematics, social studies, or science. The program has two pathways for completion, with one track for current UofSC undergraduate students and another for those who hold or will soon complete a bachelor’s degree outside an education field. For UofSC undergraduate students, the B.A./B.S. plus M.T. is the program to help you reach your goal. For students outside of UofSC or who already have a bachelor’s degree, the Career Changers M.T. is the program for you.