- Major: Nursing Science
- Degree: Doctor of Philosophy
- School/College: Nursing
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Fall Application Deadlines
Priority Deadline: January 15
Final Deadline: March 15
- Transcripts with a minimum GPA of 3.0 from your previous undergraduate and graduate degrees, all transcripts are reviewed regardless of the program
- Personal Goal Statement that indicates how the program will advance your professional goals. Include the area of nursing science that you are interested in pursuing and faculty at the USC College of Nursing who may be appropriate mentors for your area of interest.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation: The professional recommendation form should come from three individuals with a doctorate in a healthcare field who can evaluate your potential for success in a graduate program. (Letters of recommendation cannot be used in lieu of our recommendation form.) Recommendations from family members are not appropriate.
- Current unencumbered RN Licensure in the State of Residence
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Writing Sample
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
Areas of Concentration
- BSN to Ph.D.
- MSN/Other Masters/DNP to Ph.D.
The Nursing Science program has specific curriculum requirements for students entering the program after obtaining their BSN. The BSN to Ph.D. concentration should be selected on the application. All other applicants should select the MSN/Other Masters/DNP to Ph.D. option. Your program of study will be based on your prior degree and coursework.
A Note from the Program
After you review the USC College of Nursing website, feel free to contact our office at 803-777-9080 with any questions you may have about the Ph.D. program.