Once you have a confirmed appointment, check the library location you plan to visit for directions and parking.
Viewing Special Collections
- Use Find It @ UofSC Libraries to identify items you want to view
- Note the location of those materials and contact the department directly to request an appointment
- This applies to items at the UofSC Library Annex with instructions to ask at a specific department
- Use the Ask a Librarian chat if you're not sure which department to contact
Genealogy and Local & Family History
- Search Find It @ UofSC Libraries or contact the South Caroliniana Library to learn what materials may be available
- Request items for scanning or set up an appointment
Researchers needing access to journal articles, disserations and other specialized resources behind paywalls should submit an email request for an appointment.
- You may be required to have a research consultation before confirming an appointment
- Please provide details about your research project, including any deadlines, and what resources you need to access
General Print Collections
Members of Friends of University Libraries can check out up to 5 items at a time. After joining, members need to:
- Request a checkout account to get login credentials
- Submit requests in advance online through Find It @ UofSC Libraries
Non-members who need to consult physical items at Thomas Cooper Library or the Library Annex should submit an email request for an appointment.
Before making an appointment, we may ask you to check with a local public library for Interlibrary Loan service first if University Libraries is not the only source for the item.
Services Unavailable to Visitors
While we operate at reduced capacity due to the COVID-19 pandemic, these services are not available for visitors, with or without an appointment:
- Use of printers, copiers or scanners
- Access to computers for email, internet searching or other general computing
- Viewing online classes or completing coursework/tests for other institutions