Viewing Special Collections
- Use Find It @ USC Libraries to identify items you want to view
- Note the location of those materials and contact the department directly to request an appointment
- This applies to items at the Library Annex with instructions to ask at a specific department
- Use the Ask a Librarian chat if you're not sure which department to contact
- Once you have a confirmed appointment, check the library location you plan to visit for directions and parking.
General Collections and Research
Researchers needing to consult with a librarian on the use of the general collection and/or research databases should submit an email request for an appointment.
Friends of University Libraries Members
Members of Friends of University Libraries can check out up to 5 items at a time. After joining, members should request a checkout account to get login credentials.
Friends members can use those login credentials to submit book requests in advance through the Find It @ USC Libraries online catalog. After receiving a confirmation email, pickup requested items at the Circulation Desk on the Main Level in Thomas Cooper Library.
Services Unavailable to Visitors
These services are not available for visitors, with or without an appointment:
- Use of scanners and other hardware and software in the Technology Lounge
- Access to library computers for email, internet searching, general computing including Microsoft Office products, viewing online classes, or completing coursework and tests for other institutions