Viewing Special Collections
- Use Find It @ UofSC Libraries to identify items you want to view
- Note the location of those materials and contact the department directly to request an appointment
- This applies to items at the Library Annex with instructions to ask at a specific department
- Use the Ask a Librarian chat if you're not sure which department to contact
- Once you have a confirmed appointment, check the library location you plan to visit for directions and parking.
Genealogy and Local & Family History
- Search Find It @ UofSC Libraries or contact the South Caroliniana Library to learn what materials may be available
- Request items for scanning or set up an appointment
General Collections and Research
Researchers needing to consult with a librarian on the use of the general collection and/or research databases should submit an email request for an appointment.
Friends of University Libraries Members
For easy book pickup that does not require visitor registration, Friends members can use those login credentials to submit requests in advance online through Find It @ UofSC Libraries. After receiving a confirmation email, books are available for pickup right inside the entrance to Thomas Cooper Library.
Services Unavailable to Visitors
These services are not available for visitors, with or without an appointment:
- Use of scanners and other hardware and software in the Technology Lounge
- Access to library computers for email, internet searching, general computing including Microsoft Office products, viewing online classes, or completing coursework and tests for other institutions