Using the Audio and Video Studios
- Make an appointment for orientation to be authorized to use the studio facilities and equipment. A reservation alone does not authorize you.
- Reserve the Audio Studio or Video Studio online for up to 2 hours per day with a maximum of 10 hours per week.
- Check out the key at the Circulation Desk on the Main Level of Thomas Cooper Library at the time of your appointment.
- Bring your own storage device for the content you create.
The person who has reserved the audio or video studio must:
- Have a valid CarolinaCard
- Be the one to check out the key
- Remain in the studio while in use
- Remove all personal equipment at the end of the session
- Place all studio equipment back in the original position
- Pay fines if keys are not returned on time ($5/hr)
- Pay any fees related to repair or replacement of damaged equipment
- Obtain permissions for any content that is subect to copyright
Authorized users who have had orientation may bring additional users. Each guest must have a valid CarolinaCard and sign in at the Circulation Desk.
- Audio Studio - up to 1 guest for a maximum of 2 users
- Video Studio - up to 2 guests for a maximum of 3 users
Visit our online guide to learn about the hardware and sofware available, as well as access equipment user guides and online tutorials, to get the most out of using the Library Production Studios.