Students, faculty and staff can access subscription databases, online journals and ebooks away from campus using their network username and password. Access is provided through the OpenAthens authentication system.
To access from a foreign country, you may need to download and install a virtual private network (VPN) client which is available at no cost from the university.
If you live outside of Richland or Lexington counties, books can be mailed to your home address.
- Request books through Find It @ USC Libraries
- Sign in with your Network username and password
- Click Request under Get It
- For Pickup Location, choose Thomas Cooper Library
- In Comments indicate Home Delivery
- Traceable mail service recommended for any books returned by mail
- In your Interlibrary Loan account settings:
- Pick 'Mail to Address' as preferred delivery method
- Select Distance Education as your status
- Request books through PASCAL Delivers and either pick them up at any participating academic library in South Carolina or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for them to be mailed to you
You need a CarolinaCard to check out books at Thomas Cooper Library or at other PASCAL libraries.
Request articles and book chapters not available online to be delivered electronically using your Interlibrary Loan account. Enter the citation details and the library can provide a PDF.