Guest Use of Computers
Visitors may use library computers under the following conditions:
- Visitors using online library subscription resources* will be logged into an available workstation only for the purpose and duration of conducting their research. This service is available during Research Help desk hours.
- Visitors not using online library subscription resources will be logged into one of the available computers which allow visitors 30 minutes of computer use per day. This service is available during Research Help desk hours.
- Visitors may use the library’s online catalog at the “Catalog Only” computers located on Levels 1-4 of the Thomas Cooper Library.
- University Libraries does not offer test proctoring services. These are offered by the University of South Carolina Testing Center. Visitors wanting computer access for testing purposes will still be signed on for a maximum of 30 minutes.
* University licensing of Microsoft Office products only covers current UofSC students, faculty and staff. These products are not online library subscription resources.
Guest Use of Wireless Network
- Visitors with wireless-enabled computers may access the UofSC guest network if they provide the required valid email address and mobile phone number. If needed, help is available from the staff in the Cooper Technology Lounge on Level 5.
- Researchers, students or guests from other universities may connect to the secure eduroam wireless network.