Software Available Remotely
Fill out the Software Request form on this page to get permission and instructions for remote access to any of these programs:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- ArcGIS Desktop
Free Software Alternatives
Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Office 365 is free to all UofSC faculty, staff, and students. Login into your Office 365 website and install Office 365 client to your computer.
- LibreOffice is an open source alternative to Microsoft Office.
- R is free software for statistical computing and a great alternative to SAS (quantitative).
- RStudio is free software for statistical computing and a great alternative to NVivo or SPSS (qualitative).
- GNU PSPP is free software for statistical analysis and a great alternative to SPSS.
- Koyfin, a free financial data and analytics platform, is available for those looking for a Bloomberg alternative.
- Charter/Spectrum is offering free internet services to students.
Programs on all desktop computers in the library:
- Adobe Reader
- CDBurner XP
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Earth
- Microsoft Office 365
- MBF Bioscience - Biolucida
- Open Office
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- VLC Media Player
- Visual Studio Code
- Windows DVD Maker
- Windows Movie Maker
- Windows Live Photo Gallery
- Windows Media Player
Specialized software in Cooper Technology Lounge on Level 5:
- Adobe CC – Computers 48-55
- Adobe Acrobat Pro – Computers 48-63
- Bloomberg Terminal – Computers 61-63
- JAWS (Screen Reading Software) - Computer 56
- SAS, SPSS, NVivo – Computers 1-3
Specialized software in the Data Visualization Lab on Level 5:
- Tableau Public
All Mac desktops have additional software:
Desktop workstations and printers are located in Thomas Cooper Library on the Main Level and in Cooper Technology Lounge on Level 5.
- Windows and Mac desktop computers
- Scanners for Windows and Mac
- B&W and color printers