Steps to Completing Your Appeal
If you have been referred to meet with an Academic Coach for a financial aid appeal, you need to complete the following steps:
1. Please visit Self-Service Carolina (SSC) to review the status of your Academic Progress. Choose "Sign In" to access SSC using your VIP ID and password. Once you have signed in to SSC:
- Select "Financial Aid"
- Select "Eligibility"
- Select "USC Columbia" Campus
- Select the correct UofSC Columbia financial aid year
- Select "Academic Progress" tab
- Review the information carefully and be sure to follow any instructions provided.
- Complete the appeal form by selecting the appropriate response in the drop-down boxes. This will generate your next steps, including the Student Achievement Plan.
2. Download the Student Achievement Plan to your desktop via the Adobe Reader app (do not edit the PDF in your web browser or in another application such as Apple Preview), and complete the first page. You will need to know your UofSC GPA and completion rate. This information can be found in SSC under Financial Aid >> Eligibility >> USC Columbia >> Current Aid Year >> Academic Progress.
3. Schedule an Academic Coaching appointment, and email your Student Achievement Plan to your Academic Coach prior to the appointment.
4. By the conclusion of your appointment, all pages of the Student Achievement Plan will be completed. You are responsible for uploading the signed document in Dynamic Forms as part of your SAP appeal.
The completion of your Student Achievement Plan and Academic Coaching meeting does not guarantee reinstatement of your financial aid. That decision will be made by the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships after you submit your appeal packet. You should review the financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy.
If you have any questions about your Financial Aid requirements, please contact Financial Aid by email at FASAP@mailbox.sc.edu or by phone at 803-777-8134.